Fall Break and Having Fun with Sigma Kappa!

I've kept very busy over the past couple of weeks! During homecoming weekend, I performed in Air Jam and my team for DeHority won the prize for best residence hall! Our costumes were tribal-themed and we performed to the songs "Hooked on a Feeling," "Monster," "Pompeii," "Levels," "I'm a Believer," and "Be a Man."



On the following Tuesday, I went to my Sigma Kappa new member meeting, where we learn information about the sorority and our chapter, like I always do. We began the meeting as we normally would, and about halfway through we were surprised with Big/Little reveal! We all walked over to the student center where we found a balloon with our name on it (courtesy of my wonderful Big, Mackenzie), and when we popped the balloon we found a paper with the name of our big! I got a large gift bucket as well as paddles from my Big and my Grandbig, Julie!





One of Sigma Kappa's philanthropies is Gerontology with a focus in Alzheimer's research. We participate in at least one Alzheimer's Walk per year! This year, all of us went to the Alzheimer's Walk in Indianapolis! We began in Military Park and walked down the canal. The city even dyed the canal purple, the color of the Alzheimer's association. The Alzheimer's association is a great cause and I got to spend a beautiful day in my hometown with sisters!


This morning I walked with a couple sisters Allison and Sarah Elizabeth in Delta Zeta's philanthropy, Mel's walk. Delta Zeta puts on this walk annually to honor the life of one of their sisters who passed away from burn injuries. They raise money to benefit the burn unit of Riley Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. 


This past weekend (plus Monday and Tuesday) was Ball State's fall break! I spent one night at home and then traveled to Galveston, Texas with my mom and dad for Mom's birthday! We stayed at a condo and got to swim everyday, and tried some great seafood restaurants! We were right on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and got to walk in some sand, which I haven't experienced in a long time! The weather was beautiful- high seventies and low eighties every day. The warm temperatures were a nice contrast from Muncie, Indiana!



However, the weather here in Muncie has actually not been horrible. For October, we have had extremely warm temperatures and the sun has shined almost every day! 

In a couple of weeks I can begin registering for classes for next semester. College life has made me really appreciate the way high school prepared me. I am having a great time here! 
Thanks for reading and participating in my New Beginnings! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

Intro: Welcome Week and First Day of Classes