Visits From Friends & First Football Game

This week started off with a much-needed visit from Grace and Sarah before they each headed off to school! Sterling and I walked them around to see the campus and show them what buildings we have classes in (now that we finally know how to get to those buildings!) 



We even ate in the dining hall and later explored the Village and ended up at Greek's Pizza for dinner! The pizza at Greek's is fantastic and I highly recommend the cinnamon twists for dessert! Grace spent the night and we spent the evening in my floor's kitchenette watching the VMAs! We even ordered Insomnia Cookies (delivered right to the dorm). Delicious. Once again, I highly recommend the chocolate-mint cookies.

At the "Late Nite" party thrown on-campus, we got the chance to hold turtles with the Snakes Alive program! Afterwards, we explored the Village again. I would compare the Village to an area like Broad Ripple, or to any other "village" area outside of any college campus! There are a lot of restaurants-local and chain-as well as the TIS bookstore where you can buy lots of Ball State apparel!

Yesterday, Saturday, the Cardinals were victorious in our first home football game against Colgate! My family came to tailgate before the game along with a few of my new friends, and we had a great time!






Following the football game, my sister stayed with me for the night! I showed her around campus and we had to hit up Insomnia! Fitting us both into my (lofted) twin bed was a little tricky, and letting her leave me again today was difficult, but my family is coming back for the next football game!

#ChirpChirp

I begin recruitment next week, so I may not be writing for a while, but when I do I will surely have lots to say! Thanks for participating in my New Beginnings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Mentors