First Week Done!

That's right...I officially made it through my first week of classes! With one power-nap done and one class period already cancelled, I finally feel like a college student. Tuesday I had my "Dance 100" class called "Intro to Dance History." Serving as my fine arts credit, the course will consist of going to dance performances around campus and learning about different genres of dance. Our professor told us Tuesday to not come to class on Thursday, but instead to complete a five-question quiz online. I could get used to this; the class is in a building on the very edge of campus and is a good 20 minute walk from my dorm!

My next class of the day was History of the West in the World. The class has almost 300 students in it and we all fit into one large lecture room. Picture the typical college lecture: impersonal, crowded, and stuffy. However, our professor has a great sense of humor and a real passion for history. 

On Thursday I met with my Honors 100 group, a class that meets just one hour per week and lasts only 9 weeks. Six other honors students and I are instructed by a "mentor," an upperclassman in the Honors College, about things around campus! Looking ahead at the schedule for the course, we are taking field trips from everywhere to the library to Insomnia Cookies in the village.

My homework load has been relatively light so far, although I've had readings for English and History as well as consistent Spanish homework. 

Last night Sterling and I attended an event offered by the university for students called "Quad Bash" which featured a zipline (I did it!), a tie-dye station, live music, and free pizza!



The bash ended with the showing of "The Amazing Spiderman 2" in Pruis Hall, a large lecture hall on campus. Pruis Hall was a great environment to watch a movie in; people cheered when Spiderman rescued a little boy from the street and when Peter and Gwen shared a kiss! Sterling and I enjoyed these festivites and spent the remainder of the night [morning, let's be honest] Keeping Up with the Kardashians.


This afternoon I went with my friend Julia to the Meet the Greeks event! We got the chance to meet and talk with lots of girls from the 10 different sororities at Ball State. The large ballroom was a little toasty, but the atmosphere was equally as warm! As per usual, there was lots of tasty free food and tons of nice people, like our new friend Michelle!  The Greeks at Ball State hold lots of events prior to formal recruitment, so I've already met lots of friendly people from the Greek community! I look forward to going Greek this fall! 



Have a great day, and thank you for participating in my New Beginnings! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

Mentors