Keeping Busy

Three weeks into my second semester of freshman year, I'm finding that I'm a lot busier than last semester!

I continue to become more and more involved with my sorority, Sigma Kappa. Along with becoming more involved, I continue to fall farther and farther in love with my sisters and our organization! I’m spending a lot more time with my sisters since last semester I was elected to serve on the programming board as historian. While historian is definitely a small position, it’s a good starting position and gives me a good platform to maybe serve on the executive board one day! Right now I’m responsible for making a scrapbook that covers events from this term. I also work closely with our PR chair to take pictures at events and get them out on social media!

I also am taking a 17 credit hour schedule. Last semester, I only took 15 hours, and so I definitely spend more time in class and working on homework. I am even in two classes for my English major!

I can already tell that my biggest struggle this semester is going to be my 8 AM class. Although I’m lucky that it’s my one class that meets just one day a week, that one day has proven so far to be rough. I will be rewarding myself with a nap on that day of the week for sure.

This week…
  • I walked with some friends in a  unity walk On Martin Luther King day and then volunteered reading a Maya Angelou book at the Muncie Boys and Girls' Club! Then, we went to see "Selma."
  • I went with a group from my dorm to see Sister Act at our auditorium. It was a traveling show and my first time seeing Sister Act, and I really enjoyed it!
  • I attended a group advising session on Thursday for English majors and was able to hear from professors/advisors from all sections of the English department about what classes are available and possible job opportunities for an English major. 
  • Had my first programming board meeting.
  • My sorority had a trivia night where we split into teams and answered questions in categories like History, Academics, Disney-Pixar movies, Sigma Kappa, and Pop Culture. It was great to spend time with sisters. 
  • I went with my RA and people from my floor to a planetarium show at our campus’s new facility! I’ve always loved planetariums, and the one on campus is especially fun because my dad’s company worked on it!




Although I am busy, I really feel like I’m getting things done while making the most of my college experience. I love it here and am so thankful for all of the wonderful people I’ve met!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

Mentors