Exec, Exercise, and Exams

I am proud to announce that I’ve been elected to serve on the executive board of my sorority as the Panhellenic Delegate. I am grateful and excited for the opportunity to represent my chapter and my wonderful sisters at Panhellenic meetings every Thursday! Last week I completed my first delegation, and I have another one tomorrow night.

Two weekends ago, Sigma Kappa welcomed our 6 new members at our Spring Bid Day. Our theme was "Sweet Home Sigma Kappa" and we had candy and ice cream! I’ve met a few of the new members and they are all really sweet! I’m excited for their journey to initiation and to get to know everyone a little bit better!



This past weekend, our entire exec board traveled to Rosemont, Illinois for the Sigma Kappa Regional Leadership Conference. We spent some time together as a group working on general leadership skills and ways to improve our chapter. We also spent some time separated by our positions, so I got to meet the other Panhellenic delegates from the other 15-20 chapters that were at the conference. We are excited to bring what we learned back to our sisters!


I also have really committed to exercising in 2015. In addition to my required Aerobics class (for gym credit), I have also begun Piloxing, which is a combination of pilates and kickboxing, with my friends Sterling and Mary. The classes are offered at our campus rec center, and I just had to buy a pass and go to two classes a week! It’s a really nice way to relieve stress and burn calories, plus the warm-ups remind me of my showchoir days!

Six weeks into the semester, my homework load is inevitably picking up. I also am starting to have tests, and with the nine-week mark approaching I already have midterms which will open within the next two weeks. This point in the semester also seems to be the time for group projects! I am currently part of group projects/presentations for three of my classes: Professional Writing, Math, and Spanish. Although I do have a lot on my plate, I enjoy being busy and being on a schedule (at times) helps me to be more efficient.


With everything I have to do, I’ve been feeling a little stressed, so my mom made the drive to come visit me yesterday afternoon. It was so good to have lunch together and hang out for a few hours! I am so grateful for the family and friends that always support me in all my endeavors!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

Mentors