Preparing to Go Home

I’ve never quite experienced anything like looking at my calendar and realizing I have less than two short weeks left in my first year of college before I return home for a whole summer! Some days I feel like I’ve only been at college for a couple of weeks, and like I’m still adjusting to college life. My friends and I always joke that we are still at a summer camp, and now it’s time to go home!

As I prepare to go home, I have to prepare for final exams, projects, and papers which will take place over the course of the next two weeks. While finals in high school meant taking a test for each class and blissful early release, finals week in college is any combination of group projects, speaking presentations, course papers, and yes, even a tedious multiple-choice test for my gym class.

The end of the year brings about a lot of stress from everything that must be done in such a short amount of time. For me personally, the majority of my stress about the end of the year stems from the fact that the majority of my friends I’ve made in my first year here live far away from me while at home. While I am excited to be home with my family, I know that having an entire summer apart from my friends will be very difficult for me.

With my sisters at our spring philanthropy, Battle of the Sexes!

Although the end of the year is stressful, there are some events that come with the close of the semester that are fun and rewarding!

This past weekend my sorority had spring formal. The formal was held at a beautiful golf course just outside of Muncie. Naturally I took lots of pictures, and I had lots of fun getting all dressed up and dancing with my friends!

My friend Sarah Elizabeth and I at formal.

At the end of the formal, the seniors all made a circle in the middle and danced together. This made me think back to when I was a senior in cross country and showchoir, and how emotional my last concerts and meets were. The seniors dancing at formal made me realize how far I have to go before I’m a senior! I remember as a freshman in high school I couldn’t even imagine being a senior, nevertheless a college student. I feel the same way now!


Sarah Elizabeth and me with our dates Quintin and Kevin!

When I think back to the beginning of the year, it sometimes does seem like it was just the other day that I moved on campus. But then I think of everything that has happened since August, and I reconsider. The speed with which this year has flown by makes me both relieved and nervous; relieved since that must mean I’ve had a good year since the year has gone so quickly, and nervous since I don’t want the next three years to fly by like this! For now, I am perfectly content with my (nearly) sophomore status since I’ve had such an enriching experience thus far!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

Mentors