It's Not Goodbye, It's See You Later

In the midst of school years ending across the country, the saying “it’s not goodbye, it’s see you later,” has sprinkled my timeline for the past week or so. Although it’s incredibly cliché, I can’t help but resonate with this saying. Although I was incredibly sad to leave my friends at school, I’ve realized that the friendships I’ve made this year are strong enough to last a short three months of summer.

Mary, Sterling, and me on our last night at school.

I’ve known for a while that for me, the hardest part about the end of the year would be leaving my friends. I couldn't have ever imagined that I would form the strongest friendships with people from Bloomington, Fishers, Fort Wayne, Geist, Kalamazoo, Louisville, South Bend, and Southport.

Sterling, Noah, Mary, and me on our last night.

Throughout the week, I met up with friends to say our goodbyes. It was very strange thinking that any time I saw someone it could be the last time I saw them until next year. The day I left, it finally set in that even if I make roadtrips throughout the summer (which I will be doing) I still will have to go awhile without seeing my friends that I’m used to seeing every day.

Some friendships were immediate connections, and some took months to develop. All friendships are different, but that doesn't mean that any one connection is better than another. All of the friends I’ve made this year mean so much to me. I am so incredibly thankful for all of the connections I made during my freshman year!

Sarah Elizabeth and Haley, two great friends I made in my sorority!

The day I left to return home was very emotional for me. After crying for a good twenty minutes with my mom in the car on the way home, I took a minute to calm down and think of everything I’ve accomplished this year. My mom also pointed out that I should feel lucky that I am sad to leave Ball State, since that means I am comfortable being independent on campus. I am lucky to be able to call Ball State another home!

couldn't have asked for a better first year of college. I made friends for life in the close atmosphere of my residence hall. I joined a sorority and made even more incredible friends for life. I furthered myself in personal growth by taking on a leadership position in the Panhellenic community. I took three classes in my major, and loved every one of them. I am so grateful for these opportunities, and I can’t wait for another three years at the wonderful place that I am lucky to call my home away from home, Ball State University.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

Intro: Welcome Week and First Day of Classes