Greek Fam

When I went through recruitment over one year ago, I distinctly remember a member of Sigma Kappa mentioning the words “Greek family.” Back then, I had no idea what those words meant. Even once she explained to me that a Greek family was comprised of your big sister and little sister, I still did not understand the entire concept.

One year later, I am so incredibly thankful for the girls who I call my Greek fam. This post is dedicated to the beautiful ladies of my own Greek family:


Big: You and I are kind of unlikely friends. We met within the first week of becoming sisters. We bonded over our love for monograms, writing, and mozzarella sticks, and for some reason or another, we just clicked. I have you to thank for introducing me to some of my very first friends in Sigma Kappa. You always support me in whatever I do, and you give great advice. The night of big/little reveal just one year ago was one of the best and most exciting of my life! You are my role model for fashion, jokes, and how to have a good time! I love hanging out together and knowing that no matter where we are, I know we will always have something to talk about.


Grand Big: You and I did not meet until the night of big/little reveal. That night, you invited me into the family as if you'd known me for years! Although we are not as close, you serve as a role model for me as well. Last year, I loved sitting just a few seats down from you at PHC when you served on the executive council. I love the way you aren’t afraid to speak your mind! You are a hard worker and a great student, and are destined for great things!


Little: My dearest little. You and I only met this year, but I already feel like we’ve known each other for a very long time. After becoming my heart sis the week after bid day, you and I formed an instant friendship. After our first dinner together, I knew I wanted you as my little. Lucky for me, you chose me as your big! We bonded at our sisterhood retreat, and then at Ball State football tailgates in the fall. You are one of the funniest people I know, and your Twitter is one of my favorite things in this life. Now that you finally watched Gossip Girl, we can bond over that too! I look forward to the rest of our years together!



Everyone has a different relationship with their Greek family. Some spend every waking moment together, some never see each other.  Some are so big that they can’t all fit into one picture, and some are only as extensive as a big/little pair. Even if it isn’t made up of best friends, every Greek fam has that special bond, as only a family can. ◊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

Mentors