Is it Over Already?

It’s hard to believe that in just over two weeks, it will once again be time to leave Ball State and go home for the summer. Before I came to college, everyone told me that the four years fly by. Although I was skeptical at first, I can’t help but think they were right. Soon I will be halfway through my college career, and it still seems like there are places on campus that I don’t know how to find.

After a very eventful year, I have an equally lively final two weeks. This weekend I will be hanging out with my friends at the Late Nite Carnival (Friday) and my sorority formal (Saturday). Next week my mom will come to campus for a mom’s weekend! Then, I will have just a few last minute papers and projects to turn in before I’m ready for finals week!

This past semester, I’ve gotten the chance to be an intern in the Writing Center at Ball State. I started off observing other tutors, then I worked my way up to having my own tutoring sessions with clients! Along with the practicum, I took a class where I learned different tutoring styles and shared experiences from the practicum with the other tutors in the class. I am so grateful I got this experience because writing is something I’m very passionate about, and helping others to improve their writing has been very rewarding to me. Even though this class is almost finished, I hope the Writing Center will continue to be a part of my college career.

I also spent this last semester as the Executive Vice President of my sorority, which has been rewarding as well! Although I’ve always enjoyed being a leader, I hadn’t ever taken such a large role in any organization I’ve been a part of until Sigma Kappa. The personal growth I’ve experienced in the past two years has been amazing!

As the year wraps up, I am preparing to go on a two-week trip to Europe, which is also an opportunity I have through class. This class is actually one of my Honors courses, which focuses on writers and artists in the time between the world wars (mainly the 1920s). I am so excited to experience, in person, the places described in the novels we have read, and since the class will be over when we go on the trip, we get to experience London and Paris knowing our schoolwork is all done! One of my best friends Noah will be joining me on the trip, and we get more and more excited every day that goes by!

I have discovered that the summer after sophomore year is also a prime time for internships. I am working on finding an internship which relates to my field to help add to my professional experience (I know I’m not the only one looking to add to her resume and LinkedIn)!

Otherwise, I am looking forward to relaxing in the warm weather (this past week in Muncie has been beautiful and quite the opposite of the grey, cold, and wet we have experienced for the last few months) in just over two weeks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

First Week Done!