One Month Down!

Last week continued in magnificence when The Fray and opening act The Mogli's came to perform at Ball State on Wednesday! My roommate Casey and I went and the concert was fabulous! 


Thursday night was the Sigma Kappa pinning ceremony where we dressed in all white and received our new member pins! Although I won't be officially initiated until November, the new member pin indicates that I'm officially a sister of Sigma Kappa! I also was excited to find out that my friend Kim from high school also pledged Sigma Kappa at George Washington University!

This past weekend was family weekend on campus, and so my mom, dad, and sister came to visit! We went to the Sigma Kappa house for an open house and then next door to the Honors house for the first annual honors picnic! After having some brownies and lemonade, we made the mile and a half trek to the football stadium to watch Ball State play ISU. Casey, Sterling, and I went out to dinner with my family and we had a great time! It was great to eat somewhere that wasn't a dining hall and to order something other than a bowl of pasta, a turkey sandwich, or a salad. 



On Wednesday night, our sorority had its first social with Phi Delta Theta fraternity! We played paint dodge ball, which basically consisted of saturating dodge balls with paint and hurling them at the other team. I came home covered in paint and with new green "highlights!"


Tonight we have our first sisterhood retreat, which is going to be a sleepover! More to come on that. 
Feel free to comment and thank you for participating in my New Beginnings :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

Mentors