Recruitment Week

What a busy week! Beginning on Tuesday night, I had a very full, fun, and (sometimes) stressful week of recruitment. Tuesday night I went to orientation where Pi Chi's (girls who have disaffiliated from their sororities to serve as unbiased guides for us) showed us what types of outfits were appropriate for each round. Wednesday night we got into our groups of about 50 girls and met our 3 specific Pi Chi's. These were mine!


Thursday and Friday were first rounds, in which I met all 10 houses. At the end of the day, I ranked my top 6 to see on Saturday! Saturday I ended up seeing 5 out of the possible 6. It was a very full day beginning at 9:30 and ending around 5! Saturday was focused around each houses' philanthropy. Once again, at the end of the day I ranked my top 2 to see on Sunday's pref rounds. 



On Sunday, I spent one hour in each of two great houses- Sigma Kappa and Kappa Delta. The girls of both houses were absolutely wonderful and I got a glimpse of what sisterhood in each of these houses would be like!


The most stressful part of the week was following pref rounds when all 600+ girls in the recruitment process walked to the Whitinger Business building to enter our rankings: number 1 and number 2. The computer system combines our rankings and well as the rankings of each chapter to decide which bid we get on Monday!

Bid day occurred last night beginning at 5 o'clock. Time never went so slowly as I sat through all of my classes! Finally 5 o'clock rolled around and we all reported to the student center to find our bids!

I was so happy to open my bid and find out that I was a new member of Sigma Kappa! Following bid day we had a cookout and took lots of pictures- all great opportunities to meet our new sisters! I met my "heart sis" Allison as well!


I would like to end this blog post by recognizing my Uncle Adam, who unfortunately passed away earlier this week. I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers for my family and for Adam's wife Wendy. I know that my Uncle Adam always wanted me to have fun and be the best I could be, and I know he is smiling down on me! I love you Uncle Adam. 

Adam Slater Spalter, 1971-2014.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

Mentors