Founders Day, Initiation, Indy, and SK Formal

On November 8th, Sigma Kappa celebrated our Founders Day, which is November 9th. At the Founders Day event, we heard from several alumnae that came to celebrate with us, watched a video made by the Gamma Eta pledge class of 2008, had a wonderful s'mores bar, and even took a quiz to see which of SK's five founders we were most like! I had a great time bonding with sisters and hearing from all of the alumnae.


On November 9th, the same day Sigma Kappa was founded 140 years ago, I was initiated along with the girls of my pledge class into Sigma Kappa. I'm so excited to officially be a member!



After an exciting week with Sigma Kappa, Sterling and I returned to our alma mater North Central, to see the musical "The Drowsy Chaperone" My sister Hannah was a dancing maid and was in almost every musical number of the show and was even front and center for the song "Toledo Surprise." As weird as it was to be back at my high school, I loved seeing my sister and Descants friends!




I was only in Indy for one night, because I had to be back in Muncie Saturday night for my first Sigma Kappa formal! The theme was "Music Festivals Through the Ages," and so my friend Noah and I dressed like Coachella. After hours of prep courtesy of Sterling, Noah and I went to dinner with some of my other sisters and their dates, and finally went to the formal. We had a great time and as always I loved bonding with my sisters!


I only have classes on Monday and Tuesday this week, and am very much looking forward to going home for Thanksgiving to see family! Thank you for reading, and have a great holiday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

Intro: Welcome Week and First Day of Classes