Day 2 of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge: The Story Behind "Liv Laugh Love"

"Liv Laugh Love" came into being while I was still in high school, when my close friend Sarah created a recurring caption for any photo she posted with me. She would use some variation of the play on words "liv laugh love," in place of "live laugh love," both because it was clever and a little because it was also glaringly cliche. To us, the irony made it funny, but I think on the inside we secretly thought it was pretty catchy.

Sarah and I in high school. This photo was captioned "live laugh love (LOL)" on Facebook.

Caption reads: "LIV laugh luv"

When I created my blog my freshman year of college, I was having trouble coming up with a good blog name, so I consulted my always-funny, always digitally-savvy, always thinking ahead friend Sarah. We came to the conclusion that it had to be "Liv Laugh Love." It was the perfect tribute to who I had been in high school and who I wanted to grow into over the next four years. She designed a banner for me to use, and that was that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

From the Other Side

Visits From Friends & First Football Game

Mentors